On Reclaiming Perception Tues 5th Dec 9pm- 11pm UK time.
After spending over 6 years in prison for drug offences Jimmy James Harris of Merthyr Tydfil decided to take a different direction in life. With plenty of free time on his hands he found himself with a keen desire get into study and research.
He achieved over 30 qualifications during his sentence ranging from qualified fitness instructor and personal trainer, drug & alcohol Counselling, vegan & vegetarian nutrition consultancy, counselling, health and nutrition, life coaching, stress management, conflict management, psychology and sports psychology.
Jimmy went on to receive the INSPIRE! 2016 adult learner of the year award, contributed to a few guest speaking appearances at events regarding prison education and is a proud Ambassador of the BOSS project in South Wales. BOSS (building opportunities, skills and success). They provide innovative employability and entrepreneurship training to ex-offenders and prisoners serving sentences in South Wales at Cardiff, Swansea, Parc Bridgend, Usk and Prescoed prisons.
The project aims to reintegrate ex-offenders into their communities by giving them the skills, qualifications, job and volunteering opportunities and confidence they need to gain employment or set up enterprise. As well as being an entrepreneur and currently running his own business, Jimmy is in the process of setting up the UK’s very first 24-hour floatation and discovery centre.
Float Without a Boat at Swindon’s newest multi-purpose floatation and discovery centre.
Phase one mini-village will launch with eight double capacity open and enclosed floatation pools as well as modules for resident therapists hosting from a range of modalities. It will be the first 24 hour Floatation and Discovery centre in the UK. The infrastructure will include sleeping accommodation for guests, staff and visiting therapists as well as three ceremonial Yurts for meetings, conferences, healing and group work. Combined with our team of resident Therapists working in in the following modalities; NLP, Timeline Therapy, Hypnosis, Laughter Yoga, Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Clinical hypnotherapy, NES Bioresonance, Reiki, Reflexology, Havening, GUL, Auricular Acupuncture, EMDR, ASMR & others being researched.
They will offer a wide range of services at the centre. FWAB will be the first 24/7 centre to actively market interactive floating as an alternative to those that find the prospect of dark sensory deprivation floating daunting as well as those who wish to explore combining audio and light brain entrainment technology, accelerated by the bodily sensory deprivation aspect the experience.
The tank helps with :
• Promotes total calm and peaceful relaxation
• Eliminates fatigue and jet lag
• Improves sleep
• Alleviates stress (mental and physical)
• Energises, rejuvenates and revitalises
• Increases motivation, diminishes depression, anxiety and fear
• Facilitates freedom from habits, phobias and addictions
Mental benefits of floatation
• Stimulates left/right brain synchronisation
• Shifts brainwaves from beta to lower frequency alpha, theta and even delta
• Creates mental clarity, alertness
• Increases creativity, problem solving
• Heightens visualisation
• Deepens meditation
• Expands awareness, intensifies acuteness of all the senses, accelerates learning
• Enhances hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis
Physical benefits of floatation
• Decreases the production of cortisol, ACTH, lactic acid and adrenaline
• Increases production of endorphins
• Speeds up rehabilitation and recovery
• Relieves pain (arthritis, migraines, injuries and so on)
• Boosts immune function
• Improves circulation and distribution of oxygen and nutrients
• Reduces blood pressure, pulse, heart rate and oxygen consumption
• Improves athletic performance
• Helps prevent sports injuries, speeds healing process
Please fill in the questionnaire here and you could get a free session.
James can be found on https://www.facebook.com/james.j.harris.165
You can email him at email @ firstname.lastname@example.org